Internet - Modem Not Working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CrenshawFamily
New Poster

Internet - Modem Not Working

Went to bed around 11 pm last night and internet was actively working. Woke up this morning with no internet and router issues.

I have power cycled the modem numerous times with various amounts of time (up to 5 minutes) between off and restoring power.

Called tech support and while the guy was nice enough; it was obvious he was responding off a checklist troubleshooting system. I.E. - Not actually a "tech".

Asked for a hard reset on HughesNet's end. Tech "was unable to get it to work". Tech then cited a secondary possible cause for lack of service as being weather interference.

Yes, it's dreary and raining here but I've had service work through durn near tornado like conditions without a hitch. It's not weather interference.

Modem powers up, acts like it wants to do it's job and connect but is unable to do so. So, it resets itself and tries again. And again, and again, and again.

We did have some awful thunder and lightning storms last night. It is my fear that the modem was "zapped" by lightning.

Since I was unable to reach an actual tech via phone, I'm hoping to reach one here.

How do I confirm or deny my fears? If my suspicions are accurate, how does this get resolved?

I run two businesses from home (mine and my husband's) and the internet is an integral part of operations. I can not afford for the internet to be inoperable like this.

Please help me rectify this situation. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

~ The Crenshaw Family
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning CrenshawFamily, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Feb 19, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet staff on this site (you'll recognise them because they have the word MOD next to their handles) can run remote diagnostics on your modem and see what may be going on.  Hopefully they'll be able to get back to you today.  There aren't many of them, so sometimes it takes a while.  Hang in there!

Liz

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community!  After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, Feb 19, 2020 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. The tech will reach out to confirm the visit, so you can use that opportunity to reschedule if needed. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Just following up on your site, I see that it's back online! If you have any other concerns, feel free to drop by the community again.

Thanks,

Liz