cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Well thats a bummer.  was gone for a week, back on friday night and the internet was working well. didnt bother with a speed test until sat morning i think, and it was 20-30+ over the weekend. so i figured it was "back to normal'.

Monday night now, and 2.5ish download speeds.  Having to use my phone right now to post this..... Smiley Sad

@timandjodi wrote:

Well thats a bummer.  was gone for a week, back on friday night and the internet was working well. didnt bother with a speed test until sat morning i think, and it was 20-30+ over the weekend. so i figured it was "back to normal'.

Monday night now, and 2.5ish download speeds.  Having to use my phone right now to post this..... Smiley Sad

Does it do the same after a unplug of the modem, wait a few minutes... then plug back in.  Has for me the last couple times.  Speed goes from unusable and 36K uploads and 1Mbps down to much better as shown in my speedtests.  

Hope we don't have to get in a habit of having to do that but so far it has helped me.  In the past unplug and reset did nothing.  Lately it has.

I had some work to get done tonight so could not afford to wait it out hours and hours w/o unplugging to see if speeds came back... so I did the deed.  But in the past have let it go and by morning, speeds went up.  

TJ

Freshman

I'm sorry- I can't do a lot of research because my internet is TOO SLOW!

Hi folks,

Thanks for your feedback on beam 55, I will pass up your feedback to the engineers.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Yeh, still seems to be a hiccup later evening for me.  I sense a slow-down around 7PM PST and lasts 2 to maybe 3 hours.  Rebooting the modem sometimes helps but not always.  I had been in 30Mbps all day and then around 7PM noticed the slowdown.  6Mbps... then a 2Mbps.  Had work to get done so did a hard reboot and went to 8Mbps.  

This AM speeds are fast.  40+ Mbps which is nice.  But 7PM to 10PMish seems slow at nights where reboots may or may not help.

I did noticed I am on this gateway now.... 

IP Gateway Association StateAssociated (Data IPGW - J2GIL055HNSIGW0101)

Think I saw someone post that this is a poor gateway?  Unsure if that is the case.  Anyway...

Just my 3 cents.  ;-)

TJ

Hi TJ,

Our engineers are currently testing new code to roll out on beam 55. No ETA yet on when it will be ready, but once we have any news, I'll let you know.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Coolness @Liz, thx.

TJ

Senior

So each Beam has it's own code?  Wow.

Does each Gateway have code too?

Code gets corrupted, it happens, That expains how we were going along just fine for many months, then..........

It's Jenga how it all works Smiley Happy

Halloweencat.png

Associate Professor

It's not that each beam has it's own code per-say... But the equipment that controls each beam at the gateway has it's own code and parameters.  

New Poster

I have the same problem. Spent many hours with tech support but absolutely no help. Gen5 is a big mistake...