Absolutly Disapointed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muppetlover78
Freshman

Absolutly Disapointed

First let me point out that when finding General Discussion it says " Not for technical Support" and Second under Board Rules it says; Welcome to our little off-topic area where you can chat with others about techie stuff (or non-tech stuff, that's fine). This is not a place for HughesNet support, so if you need help, please post in the appropriate board.
So not only am I disappointed in the service but when I come to the place to talk about it, I find people telling others this is a tech support page. You can see my further disappointment and confusion...
That being said I just got and paid for the worst internet and home phone service ever. The Installation went great but but hits were just getting started. First thing I noticed was that my Roku wouldn't pickup or play many of the apps. The one app that would play was Netflix but only if the show if streaming in low deffinition. Netflix streams 4k @ 25 mgbs per second. I have a 4k TV and Hughsnet says my black box is picking up between 26 and 27 Mbps... So what's the issue? Hughsnet told me to lower the resulation to 720p and it should run great. It does not! Let's talk about prime time... No service at all. Constant buffering. How about loss of Satalite signal... Clouds.. No signal. Rain No signal. Morning mist or fog.. No signal.
WiFi has to be good right? Wrong! Wifi when connected is little better then dialup. Surely loads like it. And let's not forget I payed for home phone too. The first 2 weeks I couldn't figure out why my phone wouldn't let me make calls. Litterely said I needed to register my phone. I know crazy right. Well I called support and they had me turning the phone line around from the end that's in the phone base to the back of the modem. I was laughing the whole time. Finally after resetting, upluging, and swapping wires 4 times and 40 mins later they were able to get the phone light to light up to give me a dial tone. But the story doesn't end their. I have a brand new phone system that I just bought and it sounds like whoever I talk to is in a tiny box on mars. Horrible phone service. So because I just got the phone hooked up and finally working I haven't had a chance to give out the number yet to anyone and not an hour later I start getting spam calls, robo calls or whatever you call them. Hughsnet sold my phone number to these spammers.
Then to top it all off and end this rant, I found out I can't cancel my services and find someone new because they will charge me $400 to cancel.
Unfreekin Believable.
15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@muppetlover78 wrote:
First let me point out that when finding General Discussion it says " Not for technical Support" and Second under Board Rules it says; Welcome to our little off-topic area where you can chat with others about techie stuff (or non-tech stuff, that's fine). This is not a place for HughesNet support, so if you need help, please post in the appropriate board.
So not only am I disappointed in the service but when I come to the place to talk about it, I find people telling others this is a tech support page. You can see my further disappointment and confusion... 

There's nothing confusing about it.  "A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. 🙂 *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*" is rather self explanatory.  And people are not telling each other that this is a tech support section.  Rather, people are telling those who mistakenly seek HughesNet help in this section that it is NOT for support, just like the section description says. 

As for the rest, two things...

1.  If you're having technical issues, please ask for help in the Tech Support section.  Because of system load, congestion, the current pandemic related priority policy in place and the high latency inherent to geostationary satellite internet, streaming can be touch and go.  

2.  It pays to research the service you are signing up for before doing so, especially when you're going to be paying upwards of $1000 or more per year for that service.  That you weren't aware of the abilities, limitations and particulars of this service before signing up for it, including the fact that there is an Early Termination Fee during the first 24 months of service, is on you.  All of this information, including the Subscriber Agreement, is freely available for all to read.

grizzle
Freshman

Welcome to HughesNet.

Lmao.... Nothing new here right... Just another unsatisfied customer...😂
maratsade

Yep, one who doesn't want to do anything to improve the unsatisfied situation.  😂

muppetlover78 wrote:
Lmao.... Nothing new here right... Just another unsatisfied customer...😂

Your absolutely correct. It should not be this difficult to ask for good reliable service. Having me swap wires around for 40 mins and yelling me to run my 4K TV at 720p solves nothing. If I was getting 25 MGPS like they ckaim, Id be able to watch 4K Roku TV on my 4K TV. But I can't and they lie. And no amount of customer service is going to fix the fact that every time a cloud blocks the satalite I get bad or no signal. You tell me how they claim I'm getting 26MBPS on my router but loose 24 MBPS just inches away through my Roku Ultra and into my 4k TV? I even switched my TV to get netflix through the 2g or 5g WiFi and cut out the Roku completely and it still buffers all the time. Have you read any of my posts? Obviously I have called customer service. I don't have the time to spend the next 10 years Find tuning Hughsnets garbage internet and phone service. My hope is someone reads this... All of this.... And runs the other way.
GabeU

@muppetlover78 wrote:
Your absolutely correct. It should not be this difficult to ask for good reliable service. Having me swap wires around for 40 mins and yelling me to run my 4K TV at 720p solves nothing. If I was getting 25 MGPS like they ckaim, Id be able to watch 4K Roku TV on my 4K TV. But I can't and they lie. And no amount of customer service is going to fix the fact that every time a cloud blocks the satalite I get bad or no signal. You tell me how they claim I'm getting 26MBPS on my router but loose 24 MBPS just inches away through my Roku Ultra and into my 4k TV? I even switched my TV to get netflix through the 2g or 5g WiFi and cut out the Roku completely and it still buffers all the time. Have you read any of my posts? Obviously I have called customer service. I don't have the time to spend the next 10 years Find tuning Hughsnets garbage internet and phone service. My hope is someone reads this... All of this.... And runs the other way.

Then cancel your service and be done with it.  There's no sense in paying however much per month for something you hate and doesn't work for your needs.  Nor does it make sense for you to come to a SUPPORT COMMUNITY to just complain.  There's social media for that.  Leave the SUPPORT COMMUNITY to those who are actually looking for support.

I'm perfectly happy with discussing this topic thank you. I'm enjoying the conversation and I absolutely love being talked down to by two guys running a Hughsnet message board called General Discussion but don't talk about Hughsnet... Instead talk about HDMI cables... Lmao... You people are so into the nerd speak just like customer service. OK OK OK let's discuss phone cords... Why would someone have me unplug my phone cord from my phones base and plug that end into my modem and take the end that was in the modem and plug into the phone base? What problem does this solve?
OK I got another one. Why does my Roku Ultra say I'm only streaming movies at 2MBPS when my internet provided says I'm getting 26Mbps?
Here is another. Why isn't that my Samsung running on 5g wifi only downloads at 0.5 MGBS when the national average is 99.5 Mbps and my host Avg is 22.3Mbps?
Why do storm clouds block signals from a satalite to a satalite dish?
GabeU

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

Perhaps it would be best to close this topic to prevent further deterioration.

What would we want to close this topic? You made is clear not talking about Hughsnet so I gave you some support questions to answer... Why run a discussion and shut me out? I'd like some answers for my questions...

@muppetlover78 wrote:
What would we want to close this topic? You made is clear not talking about Hughsnet so I gave you some support questions to answer... Why run a discussion and shut me out? I'd like some answers for my questions...

Because you're a muppet.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Because I'm a muppet 😂 How original. Yup im an Idiot but yet here is a message board on a Hughsnet site that doesn't want you to talk about or ask questions about Hughsnet.

1. You're asking questions to be pedanticly annoying.

2. You're asking frequently asked questions that are clearly answered elsewhere, and quite often.

3. Use the search bar and do your own homework instead of wasting other people's time.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

We tell people it's a tech support site because that's what it is. Sure, the general discussion area is not for tech support, but it's also not for ranting, as this site is not social media nor is it a complaints site. There are many sites that welcome ranting, and if ranting is what you want, go to one of those sites and rant away.  

You'd  serve your own interests better if instead of ranting you posted under tech support and worked with the HN reps on the site to see what's going on.  Were you misled during your sales call? They can pull the call and see whether the sales person set the proper expectations or not. If they didn't, you may get a break.  

Dialup speeds? Prove it.  Create an account at Testmy.net, run speed tests to show evidence that your speeds are like dialup.   

Ranting only gets you angry, and no amount of ranting will fix your system or get you off the hook with the penalties for breaking the contract. Why not be proactive and try to improve the service? For all you know it just needs tweaks (but keep in mind that it will never be like cable).  The reps on this site are very willing to help, and if you work with them, you may see other benefits as well.  

Here we go... Exactly my first and second point. A place to discuss tech related issues but not looking for tech support. Got one guy telling me one thing and another telling me another.
I'm fully aware that it may fault that I did not research hughsnet. Thank you. Let's just rub that wound a little harder... People these days generally don't need to research an internet provider. Coming from Spectrum for the last 6 years you get use to having high speeds and reliability. So ya its my fault that when I called to sign up they spoke a lot of tech talk or what I call nerd speak to me to try and sell me their service. I bought into the fact that they said 25mgbs a second was all I needed. Why... Because I trusted them like I trusted Spectrum to deliver me high speeds and reliability. Never once did they say my service would drop 6 times per day. Never once did they say I would experience constant buffering. Never once did they say they have the crappiest service of all time. They take advantage of people like me and because they know... You know.... That this service is absolutely garbage and anyone that gets it will leave. You (HughsNet) further take advantage of people and charge them $400 for early termination! Its obserd and Hughsnet should be sued into bankruptcy and forced to repay ever customer every cent they spent plus hardship they had to deal with.
As for proving my speeds to you. I'm not sure how to post screen shots from testmy.net but it says download speed is 0.5 MGBS and Upload is 1.6 MGBS. The upload speed is barely fast enough to load email. And the download lmao I don't even know where to begin....
GabeU

@muppetlover78 wrote:
Here we go... Exactly my first and second point. A place to discuss tech related issues but not looking for tech support. Got one guy telling me one thing and another telling me another. 

No, you don't have that.  You have one guy explaining the purpose of this section, and another explaining the purpose of both th is support community as a whole AND this section in particular.  

Since you seem to be having a difficult time understanding the section description, I'll try to explain it to you...

"A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. 🙂 *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*"

Exactly what it says.  This section is a place to talk about tech-related topics, whatever they may be.  Talk about your ipad.  Talk about your new HDMI cable.  Talk about your network.  Talk about your desktop.  Talk about your new switch.  Talk about your TV.  Etc, etc. etc.  

"A place to chat about tech or tech-related topics and just have fun. 🙂 *NOT FOR HUGHESNET SUPPORT*"

That means just what it says... AND HAVE FUN.  All you're doing is complaining.  You can and should do that elsewhere.

Once again self explanatory.  This section is NOT for HughesNet Support.  

--------------------------------------------------------------

As for the HughesNet Support Community itself, it IS for HughesNet support, as both the site description and section descriptions suggest.  If people tell you to come to the HughesNet Support Community for HughesNet support, that is correct.  If people tell you to come to the General section of said community for HughesNet support, that is NOT  correct.  

Get it now?  If not, that's on you.