cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plagued With Problems -- Just Ordered Viasat To Complement Hughesnet (Am I Nuts?)

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Plagued With Problems -- Just Ordered Viasat To Complement Hughesnet (Am I Nuts?)

@maratsade wrote:

Wow.  I think the largest thing I get here is deer. 

We occasionally have a bear sighting here, though I've never seen one, personally.  I have further south while in PA.  

We have lots of deer, of course, though if I ever see one interested in my HughesNet dish I'll think I've entered Bizarro World.  Smiley Tongue  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Re: Plagued With Problems -- Just Ordered Viasat To Complement Hughesnet (Am I Nuts?)

Wow! I just read this whole thread and it was like reading a mystery novel! Will the installer show? Will his truck break down in the mountains? Will he be rescued by a beautiful countess? Or will a rogue bear thwart their new love? LOL!

I live out in the country in WA state, but not nearly as remote as you are! I get deer, moose, the occasional elk, but no bear. The pig from up the street escapes once in a while. Two years ago we had big wildcat tracks in the snow in our yard one morning! That was the winter a family of deer slept in my carport at night.

Anyway, I do really feel for you. How very frustrating this situation must be! Usually, installers do a satisfactory job. I've had HN for a little over two years and I don't think my pole has moved a smidge, even in our occasional 50+ mph winds.

I'm waiting with bated breath to see if the installer showed up and performed as expected! GOOD LUCK!! 😀
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The deer here are too focused on eating grass and berries and don't seem to care about the internet at all. Luddites, the lot.

@GabeU wrote:

We occasionally have a bear sighting here, though I've never seen one, personally.  I have further south while in PA.  

We have lots of deer, of course, though if I ever see one interested in my HughesNet dish I'll think I've entered Bizarro World.  Smiley Tongue  

Brooke
Alum

Southernsierra, I took a look into your account to see how the tech visit went (you could say I was a bit eager to see how everything went). Looks like they got out there and moved the dish onto a pole mount for you and quite a few other things taken care of!

This makes me really happy!

Let me know how everything's running. 

-Brooke

View solution in original post

Brooke
Alum

Southernsierra, I haven't heard from you, I hope all is well!

Due to inactivity, I'm going to close this thread, but feel free to post a new thread should you have any further questions or concerns we can address! 

Thank you. 

-Brooke