cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Senior Instructor

Re: New Gen 5 owner in Northern California (slow as molasses)

Too many people continuing to redirect the OPs thread without listening to the advice of others and create their own.

Unfortunately, perhaps it's time to close this one.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

A "contract" is contingent upon something of value being exchanged. I have been delivered nothing of "value" to date. 

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

If you want out of your contract try handling it like a court case.

1 File a case. (Start a new thread.)

2 Prove your case. ( Do all the troubleshooting you need to prove your service does not work.)

After you have done what  is asked of you there MAY be a compromise. If not you will know you have done all you could to resolve the issue.

Edit: IMO this is the best way to handle most issues.

Freshman

Nothing really counts unless you send a written "Notice of Dispute" to HughesNet Customer Service at 11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown, MD 20876.  Hope this helps any interested in refunds.

Professor

This is not an accurate statement -- I have seen disputes resolved on this site before, so this site does count as an avenue for dispute resolution.

@alv7722 wrote:

Nothing really counts unless you send a written "Notice of Dispute" to HughesNet Customer Service at 11717 Exploration Lane, Germantown, MD 20876.  Hope this helps any interested in refunds.

Professor

A contract is a legally binding, enforceable agreement between parties.  Have you read the contract between you and Hughesnet?

Start your own thread and detail the problems you perceve your network set up has, and provide the requred tests. You can also break the contract for a fee. 

Professor

There are issues with some of the beams.  They are working on them; give them a break.  If you would like someone to look at your specific issues, create your own thread. 

@needhelp wrote:

You and i are in the same boat........... same area/same problem.  Signed up on new Gen5  about 2 months ago. Worked fine for maybe 2 or 3 weeks then the bottom fell out.  I now get speeds likie .10Kbps/download  0/kbs upload.  Got the same run around with tech support.  Finallay got some answers about a week+ ago.  Are you ready for this -- having some kind of alingment (?) problem or problem with sat.  They are working on it. SAID THEY MAYBE HAVE IT FIXED IN A MONTH!!!  In the mean time you and i could walk faster and have a one on one chat with whoever we are trying deal with on the system.  I AM NOT HAPPY.!! By the way sometimes it works for a few minutes but still only around 1 to 4 Mbps. 

Senior

Beam 55 Mt Ranch, Ca. 10.22.17 11:00 Am Pst

Unusable last nite, graphics wwouldn't load, 38 Mbs at 7 Am Sunday Morn, now 3 Mbs.

Almost modem reboot time.

There are satellite problems I read, more subscribers on other Beams affected..

I am curious if Alan (ElDorado Sat) is having problems also?

http://testmy.net/quickstats/ecoalex

Cross eyed cat.png

@ecoalex2 wrote:

I am curious if Alan (ElDorado Sat) is having problems also?

http://testmy.net/quickstats/ecoalex

Our office system was way down, until this last week around October 17. Today running at about 40 ~ 50 Mbps down:

testmy.net/quickstats/ElDoradoNetworks  

Gateway ID 8

Beam ID 55

Outroute ID 9

IP Gateway: J2GIL055HNSIGW0103

BTW, I should add that I use the "Combined" Automatic test, which runs up to the 200 MB test download. To me, this is a more accurate test than the fixed 25 MB test of how large, sustained downloads like streaming video might behave.

El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Freshman

Don't have to prove anything!  They finally admitted it doesn't work, and even told me why!!  It is bad weather in Montana!!!!!  News Flash!!!!!:  Montana is going to have bad weather for most of the next several months!! 

I would be OK with the service if it even performed to 25% of what is advertised.  

The tests they keep asking y'all for are a JOKE, just to keep stringing you along so you won't insist on refunds!!