Slow Speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiverDog
Sophomore

Slow Speed

I am having a speed problem. I am getting very slow speeds and have speed tested on testmy.net with an average 0.2 Mbps / 0.4 Mbps. I have i Windows 10 Pro system, 20Gb ram, and am directly connected to the modem with a new cat 6 cable. The system is up to date and uses Bitdefender Total for antivires and firewall protection. I use Superantispyware for malware and it showes clean. This has been going on for a couple of months but recently became very slow. I also can't access the WIFI settings in the modem, it previously worked but now won't accept the "admin" password. any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good Morning Liz,

Let's start your day right. After extensive testing I think I have found the problem. I had an older  switch attached that was sending out a lot of interference. I replaced it with a managed Netgear switch and there was a definite speed increase. Enclosed is a link to the test results. https://testmy.net/db/t3RpIsHw8  

I would say to close this ticket as the problem seems to be resolved. I thank you for your time and patience, I worked a help desk in Pittsburgh and I understand how rough a job you have. Thank you so much!!!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Good Morning Liz,

Let's start your day right. After extensive testing I think I have found the problem. I had an older  switch attached that was sending out a lot of interference. I replaced it with a managed Netgear switch and there was a definite speed increase. Enclosed is a link to the test results. https://testmy.net/db/t3RpIsHw8  

I would say to close this ticket as the problem seems to be resolved. I thank you for your time and patience, I worked a help desk in Pittsburgh and I understand how rough a job you have. Thank you so much!!!

Good morning RiverDog,

That's amazing! I like your logical approach; so happy you found the culprit! Thank you for the kind words, and I appreciate your understanding.  Have a great Friday and rest of your weekend!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!