cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed issues, can't stay on chat for Help

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: Speed issues, can't stay on chat for Help

I hope starlink is for real and available soon. I can't even type real time lmao - there's a delay in the characters appearing
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@bronccat 

No, sorry, they don't work on the weekends.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  

With regard to the typing issue, though separate from the current topic at hand, try restarting your device.  Problems like this are normally related to the device or something on it, and it can very often be fixed by restarting that device.  Only when it's a remote type fill, like with the online free version of Microsoft Word, does it tend to be related to the internet service.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Sophomore

Began ethernet testing, 25mb, wifi off.  Results are the same. Plan to test every 2 hours today. 

I DM Liz as I am not sure how to get her attention?

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor III

They do not respond to unsolicited PMs.

What she is probably waiting for is for you to run the required tests the required way.  Right now, the file sizes are incorrect; they need to be 25MB for download tests and 4MB for upload tests.  

A rep will reply on this thread, not via PM. 

EDIT:

• Your results URL is https://testmy.net/quickstats/Bronccat
  • The reps here work M-F, approximately 9-6. 
  • Don't expect a reply until you have run the tests the right way, as explained here. You may want to focus your efforts on getting the troubleshooting and testing right.  
  • For immediate responses, there's chat and phone customer service, but you've been through that and it hasn't worked for you, so stay here, run the tests the way they're supposed to, and wait for a response, which may be next week if you've done the required testing as required. 

bronccat wrote:

I DM Liz as I am not sure how to get her attention?

Highlighted
Senior

If your tests are being automatically backed down to a size smaller than 25MB, then you may need to check the option for 'No Forward' to keep the test size at 25MB.  This is an image GabeU posted a bit back for someone else.

NoForward.PNG

I am not sure if you are using the automatic testing or not, but you want the 25MB size for the download tests.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Right, as stated above I started running the ethernet test and will do se every 2 or 3 hours.  25 mb down (first was at 1130) and 4 Up.

My question is - and not to be a smart**bleep** - but how will she magically know that I have run the tests "correctly" and know I am now worthy of a response?

OK, maybe I'm being a little smart**bleep**ed. 

Highlighted
Sophomore

@MrBuster  I'm not using auto - I was running smaller tests before I was hooked to ehternet. Since 1143 (or whenever) I have been running 25 DL and 4 UL.

Highlighted

She will know because she will check the URL to your results list.  And because she's an all powerful, all seeing entity. Or a magical pixie.  HN neither confirms nor denies.

@bronccat wrote:

My question is - and not to be a smart**bleep** - but how will she magically know that I have run the tests "correctly" and know I am now worthy of a response?

OK, maybe I'm being a little smart**bleep**ed. 

Highlighted
Senior

You can use that '@' sign like you did for me to notify folks -- also, she will probably check this thread this thread again on Monday.

I think maratsade just responding about the smaller tests that were recent, so I was not sure if maybe testmy was backing your size down.  I think she will have what she wants with a good batch of these tests.

edit: I see maratsade responded before I was done typing....

Highlighted

the OP needs to get the sizes right or the testing may be rejected by the engineers; Liz is just a conduit. Hopefully the OP will get all the moving pieces right. Smiley Happy

MrBuster wrote:

You can use that '@' sign like you did for me to notify folks -- also, she will probably check this thread this thread again on Monday.

I think maratsade just responding about the smaller tests that were recent, so I was not sure if maybe testmy was backing your size down.  I think she will have what she wants with a good batch of these tests.

edit: I see maratsade responded before I was done typing....