Extremely unhappy!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leahjones7
Freshman

Extremely unhappy!

I recently moved and made a very bad decision by getting Hughes net! I thought since dish was offering it how bad could it be? It only took me a week to learn the answer to that question! Within my first week of service my internet was slow and lagging and I had to turn all of my families phones off of wifi because they wouldnt work. I got over that and thought hey as long as I can use my firestick I'll be okay. Well my firestick is absolutely useless and dish on demand is no more. I've had to call them 9 times in the whole month I've been a customer and 7/9 of the representatives I talked to were hateful and one even hung up on me! When I would find one who tried to help me with discounts then the next one would delete it. Then came valentine's day when they auto paid my bill out of my account even though I didnt authorize autopay. Thats not even the worst part....they charged my card for $40 over what my bill should have been! I am just so done with Hughes net and want out! I have begged for them to please let me out of my contract or give me a reduced early termination fee. My internet is somehow always used up within 2 days of my bill rolling over and token fees are killing me! I just want out and to forget this ever happened
32 REPLIES 32
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Trapped wrote:

P.S. Due to high winds my dish needs realignment and I've read that can cause problems such as data loss. I wonder how long it will take for someone to get out here. Will my lost data be restored to me because your equipment is not stable? The data loss isn't due to my browsing habits. I forgive you for assuming it was my fault. 

Ah, so you're just here to play games.  That's good to know.  Complain about your data usage, then after a few posts it's, "By the way, my dish is out of alignment."

Good luck to you.

Edit:  And to add, I assumed that because 99% of the time that's the case, but since you already knew that you had a dish alignment issue, which can cause increased data usage because of dropped data packets, which you also knew, that's what prompted my realization that you're simply playing games. 

WRONG! I called customer service because of the rapidly disappearing data and the automated system told me that a service call was imminent. Then a rep had to do some digging to tell me what was going on. So, now you can apologize for making a snap judgement. As to when the issue will be resolved, only God knows. Meanwhile, this morning I got a call from a woman named Amber who told me she would connect me to customer service (at a higher level?) and LOL, of course what I heard was a recording telling me to call the toll free number. What a joke.

I expect a professional volunteer like you to ask questions that would help a newcomer who is struggling to get back on track. Or maybe your untrained, foreign customer service reps could do it. Instead, what we get is a royal runaround. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. 

GabeU

@Trapped wrote:

I expect a professional volunteer like you to ask questions that would help a newcomer who is struggling to get back on track. Or maybe your untrained, foreign customer service reps could do it. Instead, what we get is a royal runaround. You all should be ashamed of yourselves. 

When people come here asking for help I do just that, as I've done now for over three years.  When people come here to just complain or play games, or both, however, I don't bother.  I instead give links to threads that may help and/or a few suggestions, just as I did with you.  

If you're looking for help I suggest asking for it, rather than simply complaining, then ending your post with a veiled threat. 

Good day to you.  

GabeU

@Liz

@Damian 

@Hardy 

@Amanda 

@Jay

Might it be a good idea to close this thread before it gets out of hand?  

Hello Leah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I apologize you are going through this issue. Your current payment method is on the invoice option so your card will not be charged, as it is no longer associated with your account. 

Regarding your termination fee, the best I can do for you is waive half of this. It appears the issues you are experiencing are directly related to receiving reduced speeds from running out of data. Since there are no equipment issues, waiving the entire termination fee is not possible. I will private message you the amount you will need to pay after half of the fee is waived, should you decide to cancel. 

-Damian

Thank you for your reply. If yall would wave half of the fee I would be happy with that. I tried to read your message but it wouldnt load all of the way

Leah,

We would be more than happy to waive half. What was said in the rest of the message was, as long as all of the equipment is returned once you receive your return box and send it back, you will not be charged any additional fees associated with cancellation. For any additional payments you may need to make regarding your normal bill per month, that will need to be discussed with our cancellation department. You can contact us at 866-347-3292 for more information regarding cancellation. A case has been created for you notating that once you call in to cancel, the credit will be applied to the account to cover half of the ETF fee. I will message you your case number so that you can relay this to the agent you speak with, for confirmation.  

-Damian 

maratsade

I think you may be in the wrong thread, @Damian .

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@maratsade wrote:

I think you may be in the wrong thread, @Damian .

He's replying to the OP, not the person who jumped onboard the thread.  Smiley Wink

maratsade

Besides brainless being my normal state, I actually couldn't see a page 1 on this thread.  LOL, and *facedesk*

Leah,

We're closing this thread to minimize the amount of additional, unrelated posts that are being submitted here. I will continue to assist your through private messages.

-Damian