internet price

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hessy41
Sophomore

internet price

I just wrote a whole letter and it disappeard  I was complaining about how they said I had to buy the equipment, then found out later , like 3 or 4 days that I could have rented it.  They then said I could.  that my credit was good.  I was only charged $15 something the first month.  the next month it was $49. something  when I called I was told my credit wasn't good,  after areguing with him   He gave me $20 credit each month for a year.  I told him I didn't want that I wanted the $15 I was promised.  Then I talked to another person and after arguing she said the same thing my credit was bad.  I have an excellent credit rating of 820.  She gave me the supervisor and she was very rude.  I have not been able to hardly understand any of them.  When I took the service, they ask how I would use it.  I said e mail, text and phone calls and occassional look something up.  No streaming or downloading.  They said what I have will be fine.  The 2nd month I  only had 10% with 6 days to go.  They lied about that.  Everytime I ask a question they just said what I wanted to hear in most cases.  The guy that installed the dish put it in the farthest room from the rest of the house because it was easy for him.  I ask him to put it in the bedroom which is in the middle of the house and he said no.   I want to get out of this contract.  I talked to another person and they said yes,  they sucker you in  and lie and then you are stuckl.   the lady that I talked to tonight told me to try this.  At least I could understand her.  Your company is nothing  but a bunch of liars that no one can understand.  They talk so fast you can't understand any of it.  The lady told you to give you the serial # of the radio as she called it because I will have to move everything to get to the router for the number on the  back  It is: 601711623665 Hope to hear from you and get this settled to my satisfaction.

43 REPLIES 43
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hessy41

Regarding the data, they can only make an educted guess.  If you use more or less than that guess, that doesn't mean they lied to you.  I means you're using more or less than their guess.  If you'd like help to figure out why you're using so much data, while apparently doing things that aren't very data intensive, please post in Tech Support for that particular issue.  

The reps will help you with your cost issue.  No HughesNet plan, however, costs $15.  The lowest cost internet only plan is $49.99 per month.    

you didn't  pay attention any more than they did.  I said the first month of $15, was because they gave me credit for the first  month of my $300 .  Then they claimed I couldn't rent it due to my credit which I already went over you with.  So the next month they charged the $49.  Also I found out the first month they reset your data limits so you get more data.  They never explained anything to me about that.  The lady that told me to write here excplained that.  They also lied about my credit.  They sent me a letter stating my credit wasn;t anygood.  I called them and he said I had got that by mistake.  Whatever you  want to hear they tell you.  I checked on 3 of my credit reports, there had been no inquiries for over a year.  I've never streamed or whatever you call it, never downloaded movies, when I told them what I did they said this would be plenty of data.  I'm more concerned about alll their lies.  You say they didn't lie well look at all the redcorded phone calls in order and you will see where and how they did it. 

maratsade

What exactly would you like the company to do, hessy41?

I'm sure @Amanda or @Liz  can check your account notes and provide some help, but it would be a good idea if you stated your expectations clearly.  Right now you are just stating what happened. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

I just want to get out of this contract because the company is built on lies,  if you read my note all through you would see that.  I guess you did read most of it.  At least you responding more civil.  any way I want out of the contract without paying any fees.  That's the bottom line.

maratsade

Hessy, I'm sure the Hughesnet reps will be looking at this and getting back to you. It may take a bit of time because there may be other people ahead of you, so hang in there;  help is coming. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

ok, thanks.  I just sent you a letter trying to clear up what I said when I was so mad.  Again, sorry, you just got the brunt of it all.  Will I have to kee checking back on this or will they e mail me their decision.? 

I'm sorry, I just sent a post and maybe to the wrong person.  I don;t know how these things work.  Anyway, I was apologizing  to whoever for being so mad  & tried to explain more about my problems.  Do I hear from whoever on this site or by e mail.  Thanks again for helping even though I was a snot. 

maratsade

No worries, Hessy.   I think you posted in the right place, and you will hear on this site -- keep checking, and if more than a week passes, post again.  I'm tagging the reps again, but remember they may have other people ahead of you so it could take a couple of days. 

@Amanda@Liz

Ok Thanks

as I stated in my last long letter at the bottom, I want out of my contract with no fees.  I guess I bought the equipment so I won't get that money back.  I assume. 

GabeU

@hessy41 wrote:

you didn't  pay attention any more than they did.  I said the first month of $15, was because they gave me credit for the first  month of my $300 .  Then they claimed I couldn't rent it due to my credit which I already went over you with.  So the next month they charged the $49.  Also I found out the first month they reset your data limits so you get more data.  They never explained anything to me about that.  The lady that told me to write here excplained that.  They also lied about my credit.  They sent me a letter stating my credit wasn;t anygood.  I called them and he said I had got that by mistake.  Whatever you  want to hear they tell you.  I checked on 3 of my credit reports, there had been no inquiries for over a year.  I've never streamed or whatever you call it, never downloaded movies, when I told them what I did they said this would be plenty of data.  I'm more concerned about alll their lies.  You say they didn't lie well look at all the redcorded phone calls in order and you will see where and how they did it. 

First, there was nothing to pay attention to in your original post concerning what I wrote,  because you didn't explain what you did in this post.  You said nothing about a credit for $300, nor why your first month was $15.  You only stated that you were charged "$15 something the first month."  

Secondly, I said nothing about whether HughesNet's sales reps lie.  I said they made an educated guess about your data usage based on what you told them, which your usage habits and/or device data usage didn't match.  That's not a lie.  It's an educated guess based on your stated usage habits, and which your usage habits and/or device data usage didn't match.  

No, @hessy41, YOU didn't pay attention.  Perhaps you should have.  

Lastly, my initial response contained nothing more than factual information, and was presented in a "civil" manner.  You're just angry, so you took it in a way in which it was clearly not intended.   

ok, I'll give you that, I was very angery.  You would have been too if you went thru what I have been going thru.  I know you talk about just the internet price but it goes so much deeper than that.  I understand the explanation of the gigabytes, however, you spell it.  I don't understand why they give you extra by resetting the first month and then you think you have more usuage then you have.   this info came from the lady that called and talked to me about the bad rating I gave the company     What I want somebody to do is to listen to the phone conversations and see how their stories change.  Like the credit problem.  I know I have good credit but that's not the point.  first they tell me I do.  Then they tell me I don't just so they don't have to give my $300 back in credit.  any way.  Please just have someone pull my files or whatever you do and listen to the conversations.  All the way thru, all of them.  Thanks  One more for instance.  Then I'll quit.  Take the good credit bad credit thing.  First I had good credit to get the internet, then I kept good credit with one guy and changed it to rental with the $300 I paid for the equimpment to apply to my montly statement.  The $15 was with the credit applied for the first month.  I understand.  Then I get a letter stating I had bad credit.  I called and that person said I got it by mistake,  Then when they charged me the normal $49 I called and after much arguing she said it was because of bad credit.  I'm just trying to point out how inconstitant they are;  You call and you never know what they will say.  So  I hope you understand that better now.  Like I said, please just look at the calls .  Thank you  Sorry I was so snotty the first couple of times. 

GabeU

@hessy41

It's okay, and thank you for the apology.  I also apologize for the way I reacted to your initial reply.  

I can certainly understand being angry.  I would be, too, with what's happened.  With maratsade having tagged the reps I'm sure they will be replying soon to help you.  

Regarding the relaxed bandwidth period (the data resetting) during your first twenty days of service, HughesNet does this as a courtesy to enable new customers to update/upgrade their devices to current without it affecting what would be their normal monthly data allotment, as doing those things can often use a lot of data, especially if they haven't been connected to the net in a while.  It certainly does throw the first month off with regard to being able to see how much data a person may use in a month, but they can upgrade, and I believe even downgrade, their plan at any time if they realize that the data plan is, in fact, not correct for them.  They aren't restricted to the first month or anything in this ability.  

With this said, if after everything you do end up staying with the service and you would like some help with regard to using as little data as possible, and/or monitoring your data usage more thoroughly so you know just where your data is going, many of us would be happy to help you do so.  There are a lot of settings adjustment, tweaks and apps that can help reduce data consumption, as well as monitor that data consumption.  

Again, with maratsade having tagged them, the reps should be replying soon to help you.  🙂  

BTW, if you need to edit a reply after you've posted it, click on the three dots on the upper right of the post and click Edit Reply.  You can then edit it to how you want it. 

Lastly, and I'm hoping I'm wrong, but if by text and phone calls you're referring to WiFi Calling, as in making calls over the internet with your cell phone, this may not work with HughesNet.  Some people have gotten WiFi Calling to work with HughesNet, but most of those who do try to do so experience problems with it.  It's mostly due to the high latency inherent to satellite internet.  So, I hope when you mentioned those two things you weren't referring to WiFi Calling, but if you were it may very well not work for you.  Sorry, I don't mean to add more to your disappointment or anger, but I thought it was important to mention this.  😞    

Thanks for the info.  If I do have to stay with them, I will be asking you what to do to minimize usuage. Of course, everytime I go on line to check answers I use usuage.  they got you coming and  going.  Thanks again.  I hope those people listen to all the phone conversations cause you have to, to see the pattern.  Thanks again  I don't see the little dots but I'll look more later  I'm not very savy with computers

GabeU

@hessy41 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  If I do have to stay with them, I will be asking you what to do to minimize usuage. Of course, everytime I go on line to check answers I use usuage.  

Very true, but that type of activity shouldn't use very much data.  If it does, we can work on figuring out why.  🙂   

Regarding editing and three dots, depending on what device you're using it may look different, or the placement may be different.  I'm using Windows 10 and Chrome for a browser.  The following is a snapshot from another thread, but the dots in question are in the red box on the upper right.  

Capture.JPG

I'll tag the reps again, just in case they somehow missed the previous tags.  

@Liz

@Amanda

GabeU

GabeU

Is someone going to help hessy41?  

@Liz

@Amanda

@Brooke

@Hal

@Jorge

@Hardy

Hello Hessy41, I am so sorry to hear about your experience with our service so far. With all this different information from the agents you have spoken to I can completely understand the confusion you must be having, and I will be more than happy to help you. 

1) I will have your sales call reviewed to determine what was discussed. If you visit our plans and pricing page here, you can see that our lowest package starts at $49.99 before equipment and taxes are charged. If you were to purchase the equipment for $449.99, you would only be billed for the service plan you chose with no taxes. 

2) As for the data usage on your account, since it is only your second month with our service you may not be used to how our data allowance works and that's okay! Throughout our community, we have articles made by customers like yourself that provides detailed information on how to adjust your data usage and manage your monthly allowance. We at HughesNet can only provide an educated guess as to how much data you will consume in your household; if you deem it necessary we will always be happy to provide you with a higher data package to accommodate your needs. 

3) I do apologize for the technician placing the modem where you did not want it, sometimes the modem needs to be placed in certain spots in the home for how the satellite dish was installed. I can gladly look into getting the modem moved for you if that is something you still want. 

As always, if you need any help with your data management or your bill, please don't hesitate to reach out again and we will be happy to assist you!

thank you for looking into this for me.  It's not just the price, or the usuage, or the placement of the moden.  Though all three of them upset me.  Mostly it is the fact they woulde lie about things,  for instant, first they said I had good credit, when I wanted to rent after I found out I could, they said I had good credit, and I was charged only part of my bill as they took part of it off my credit.  Anyway that is what they told me.  The next month it was the full amount.  When I called they kept saying I owned it.  I kept arguing   Then they said I had bad credit and couldn't do that.They also didn't explain about the warranty.  Nothing about after 6 months I get charged for a person to come out and look at it.  I assumed the warranty was for two years.  What I'm trying to say is, they are not honest people.  They say what you want to hear.  And mostly, I couldn't understand them.  None had good English and all talked way to fast.   You have to listen to all the calls to get exactly how it was.   I just hope you look into it all with an open mind.  All I want is to get out of the contract without any additional price. Thank again.  I hope. 

wondering if you have any news.  It has been a week  .  Just asking.