cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage meter javascript error

Associate Professor

Re: Usage meter javascript error

Yeah... Java has nothing to do with the program at all... The solution isn't what op marked as the solution, the solution is to delete the file that it's complaining about when you get the error.

Hi all!

Thank you for letting us know this has come up again. We've escalated this issue to our development team to figure out why this is happening again. I will post an update here when we've received more information.

Thank you

Amanda

Sophomore

Here's the error message I get:

Screenshot 2017-10-02 19.55.53.png

Is this the same issue as above? 

Assistant Professor

Not the same... I have no idea what that is.

You may want to completely reinastall, since it looks like something is missing.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Associate Professor
Assistant Professor

It's Mac... can tell by the 'app.Contents' thing.

The line it's dying on is:
    if (self.config.read('env') === 'development')

which means it can't find ~/Library/Application Support/HughesNet Usage Meter/status-meter.conf

[note: 'env' is supposed to be 'production', not 'development' anyway]

Edit: * or status-meter.conf is borked.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor III

A little off topic, but I love that term....borked.  Smiley Tongue

Funny, though, that no one under 40 knows where that term originated.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

index.jpg

New Poster

Re: Usage meter javascript error--WORKED!!

The combination of the info from Vampy and the instruction from Corrosive FINALLY WORKED!!  I've been working on this for months because I like to solve things.  I've uninstalled/reinstalled Java and the Usage Meter many times and tried dozens of suggestions.  But this is the one that worked.  I did install jre-8u121-windows-x64.  And then I uninstalled the Usage Meter plus added Corrosive's instructions to do these deletions--not done before--before the re-installation of the meter--as follows:

"Try uninstalling the status meter and usage meter from your system, then navigate to C:\Users\[your User name]\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\, and delete anything that desides in that folder.  Also navigate to c:\program files\hughesnet-usage-meter and delete anything that may reside in that folder.  Then download and install the latest version (Should be 6.6) and see what happens."  See Corrosive in earlier suggestions.

It turned out that in the HughesNet Usage Meter subfiles there were lots of hidden files.  That finally worked! 

I then used the new  jre-8u121-windows-x64 installer for Java (this time I had not uninstalled Java, I just ran this installer which reinstalled the Java I already have).  Then, of course, reboot.  Imagine my shock when the Usage Meter finally worked.  Can't believe it.  But it's really important to have this so I'm glad this worked.  Question to HughesNet:  Really?  Can't you fix this for people so that your Usage Meter finally works without all the problems?

By the way, I am running Windows 10 on a five-month-old laptop. 

Great thanks to Corrosive and Vampy.  Good job!!  This may not work for everyone, but I sure hope it will.

Assistant Professor

Re: Usage meter javascript error--WORKED!!

@bonnienelsonwa

@bonnienelsonwa wrote:

"Try uninstalling the status meter and usage meter from your system, then navigate to C:\Users\[your User name]\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\, and delete anything that desides in that folder.  Also

Guarantee that's the only thing you needed to do. Everything else was ancillary, especially the Java part. The Usage Meter runs on JavaScript which is loosely based on the same language, but has nothing to do with the version of Java you installed.